Posted on August 30, 2021
- We estimate that Schwab’s high cash allocations in Intelligent Portfolios cost investors $1.13 billion in total earnings when compared with potential returns if Schwab invested the cash in the fixed income portion of its portfolio
- Charging a 0.30% management fee would have increased Schwab’s revenue by an estimated $369 million
Posted on June 9, 2021
- For this edition of the Robo Report, we had an interview with Stash CEO Brandon Krieg
- Counting its users at over 5 million, the Stash platform is resonating with investors.
- Since Stash just released a robo advisor – Smart Portfolios
Posted on June 7, 2021
- What is Direct Indexing? Direct indexing is an investment strategy that seeks to replicate the underlying stocks of an index instead of holding an index fund.
- Schwab, BlackRock, Goldman Sachs, and Morgan Stanley have all engaged in transactions that could influence their ability to offer direct indexing at scale.
Posted on May 26, 2021
- In 2020, the wealth-tech industry raised over $3.7 billion in new funding
- Betterment grew its AUM from approximately $18 billion in 2020 to over $28 billion
- Schwab experienced 51% growth in digitally advised assets
- Walmart is partnering with Ribbit Capital, a large Robinhood backer, to launch a service called Hazel
Posted on April 23, 2021
The California-based robo advisor Wealthfront has been rolling out various components of its grand vision called “Self-Driving Money”. This is a set of features that together creates a seamless flow from paycheck to long-term investing while taking care of everything in between.Read More…