Posted on June 9, 2021
- For this edition of the Robo Report, we had an interview with Stash CEO Brandon Krieg
- Counting its users at over 5 million, the Stash platform is resonating with investors.
- Since Stash just released a robo advisor – Smart Portfolios
Posted on June 7, 2021
- What is Direct Indexing? Direct indexing is an investment strategy that seeks to replicate the underlying stocks of an index instead of holding an index fund.
- Schwab, BlackRock, Goldman Sachs, and Morgan Stanley have all engaged in transactions that could influence their ability to offer direct indexing at scale.
Posted on May 26, 2021
- In 2020, the wealth-tech industry raised over $3.7 billion in new funding
- Betterment grew its AUM from approximately $18 billion in 2020 to over $28 billion
- Schwab experienced 51% growth in digitally advised assets
- Walmart is partnering with Ribbit Capital, a large Robinhood backer, to launch a service called Hazel
Posted on May 24, 2021
- Not all robos implemented tax-loss harvesting to the same extent. While some realized net losses of over 8% of the account value on the year, others did not realize any losses at all
- TD Essential Portfolios and Schwab Intelligent Portfolios were top choices for tax-loss harvesting over the year
- SigFig, UBS, and Citizens were at the bottom of the pack with virtually no net realized losses on the year
Posted on May 11, 2021
- The strong first and fourth quarter performance was enough to push both Schwab portfolios into the top 10 over the 1-year trailing period ending March 31, 2021
- Over the past year, Titan’s equities returned 71.96%. These strong returns led it to outperform its benchmark by 12.43%
- Robo advisors allocated to municipal bonds significantly outperformed