Posted on August 23, 2021
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the CPI for All Urban Consumers increased 5.4% from June 2020 to June 2021. This is the largest 12-month advance since the year ending August 2008.
- This coincided with new winning robo advisors: Schwab, Wealthfront, Schwab, & Morgan’s Inflation Conscious option.
Posted on August 18, 2021
With over $60 billion in assets under management, Schwab Intelligent Portfolios is the second-largest direct-to-consumer robo advisor. It offers two service tiers: the first is digital-only and has no management fee, and the second (Schwab Intelligent Portfolios Premium) has a minimum of $25,000 and charges a monthly fee of $30/mo (after a one-time initial planning fee of $300).Read More…
Posted on August 11, 2021
Best Robo Advisor for Digital Financial Planning
- Winner: Wealthfront
- Runner-Up: Personal Capital
- Honorable Mention: Schwab
Posted on June 7, 2021
- What is Direct Indexing? Direct indexing is an investment strategy that seeks to replicate the underlying stocks of an index instead of holding an index fund.
- Schwab, BlackRock, Goldman Sachs, and Morgan Stanley have all engaged in transactions that could influence their ability to offer direct indexing at scale.
Posted on May 24, 2021
- Not all robos implemented tax-loss harvesting to the same extent. While some realized net losses of over 8% of the account value on the year, others did not realize any losses at all
- TD Essential Portfolios and Schwab Intelligent Portfolios were top choices for tax-loss harvesting over the year
- SigFig, UBS, and Citizens were at the bottom of the pack with virtually no net realized losses on the year
Posted on May 11, 2021
- The strong first and fourth quarter performance was enough to push both Schwab portfolios into the top 10 over the 1-year trailing period ending March 31, 2021
- Over the past year, Titan’s equities returned 71.96%. These strong returns led it to outperform its benchmark by 12.43%
- Robo advisors allocated to municipal bonds significantly outperformed